Since it was formed in 1996, HLF has raised over $1.8 million; made grants in the amount of $1,086,200; added donor advised funds and has continued to build the HLF Endowment Fund. In 2016, our 20th Anniversary year, we set a grant goal to reach $60,000 for grants to the library – and thanks to your support, we granted $65,200.
We publish a newsletter, hold an annual signature event, and raise funds for the Buy a Book Campaign. While public dollars fund the day-to-day operations of our library, HLF provides annual grants to the library to buy more books, enhance technology, and support special projects at the main and branch libraries.
HLF supports expansion of the library’s collection, reaching more young adults and early readers, seniors pursuing life-long learning, and job seekers looking for help.
With your contributions, we’ve been able to
- Enrich the Children’s Nonfiction Collection
- Expand the Young Adult Collection
- Support all Ten Branches with the McNaughton New Book Program
- Support the Kids Summer Reading Program
- Add New Fiction and Nonfiction Books
- Funded Masterfile Database ResearchSoftware
- Supported the Children’s Author Festival
- Provided funding for staff development and programming
Our donor advised funds also help build special collections in the library.
- The Hun Kwan Goh Memorial Book Fund
- HLF Knowledge Fund
- Elizabeth Murguia and Sally Upatisringa Endowment Fund
- Sally Upatisringa Mystery Books Fund