The Humboldt Library Foundation has established five funds to support the library :
- The Humboldt Library Foundation Endowment Fund is a fund HLF is growing to provide additional funding for the library in perpetuity
- Hun Kwan Goh Memorial Book Fund, to honor the memory of Dr. Upatisringa’s father. The annual earnings of this endowment will be used to purchase books and video tapes about Thailand and China
- The Humboldt Library Foundation Knowledge Fund was established to improve the nonfiction and scientific collections of the library system through the purchase of books, computer software, and other materials
- The Elizabeth Murguia-Sally Upatisringa Endowment Fund to support the libraries
- The Sally Upatisringa Mystery Books Fund to support purchase of adult mystery books
The funds are managed for HLF by the Humboldt Area Foundation.
To donate stock or real estate, contact the Humboldt Library Foundation at 707-269-1991 or the Humboldt Area Foundation at 707-442-2993.
To support the Humboldt Library Foundation Endowment fund with a planned gift in your will or estate planning, contact your tax advisor and attorney and then notify the Humboldt Library Foundation. Just as they have since 2011, Michele McKeegan and Ed Olsgard have pledged to contribute $500 for every new gift. Please consider joining the HLF Legacy Circle this year.